One of the requirements for Confirmation is that each candidate writes a request for confirmation letter to Father Tilley.
- The letter must be handwritten.
- Write at least one full page.
- The letter is due January 30.
- Father Tilley will personally respond to each letter.
Include the following in your letter:
- Introduce yourself. Tell Father about you and your family.
- Specifically ask to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Express why you desire to receive the sacrament.
- Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
- Who in your life has inspired you with their Catholic faith?
- What has been the most meaningful part of your Confirmation preparation and why?
- How do you intend to carry out your life of service to God and others through the power of the Holy Spirit, making your Confirmation in the Faith real and alive in your life?
- Include anything else you would like to share with Father.
Writing your letter is a positive experience in helping you organize and express your feelings and ideas about being confirmed. May the Holy Spirit be with you as you write your letter.