Step #1: If you did not attend mass, watch the mass. Video is below.
Step #2: Complete the lesson following the directions below.
To prepare for today's Sunday Sanctuary make-up lesson, you will need to do a few things first. If you have the ability to print, please print out the materials needed for this lesson (files are below). Cut apart the Communication Cards and the Persona Cards.
- Circle of Grace Packet
- Communication Cards
- Persona Cards
Sit with your student and follow the steps below to complete the lesson. This lesson is very interactive.
Begin watching the Sunday Sanctuary lesson (video below). Be sure to follow along with the video during the lesson using the Circle of Grace Packet. As you watch, please stop along the way and complete all of the activities.
- Pray the Opening Prayer with your student.
- When the video indicates, complete page 3 of the Circle of Grace Packet with your student.
- When the video indicates, discuss Internet & Social Media with your student.
- When the video indicates, complete page 4 of the Circle of Grace Packet with your student.
- When the video indicates, complete the"Who are you Anyway" Activity using the Communication Cards and the Persona Cards, to help students understand they may not really know who is on the other end of online communication.
- Start with Communications Card #1. Ask your student to read it.
- With your student, decide if this person is really who they say they are based on what is on the communications card.
- Once your student has decided if the person is real or not, pull the Persona #1 card out and show your student who was behind the communication read.
- Discuss the questions on the persona card.
- Go through all 6 pairs, remembering to discuss after each one, using the questions on the Persona cards as a guideline.
- When the video indicates, discuss the "Don't be Duped" Safety Plan on pages 5 & 6 of the Circle of Grace Packet with your student. Then, complete page 7 of the Circle of Grace Packet.
- Finish the video.
Step #3: Click HERE to answer the lesson questions.